Saturday, July 26, 2008

Wedding Amber & Mercury in Mexico {dallas wedding photographer}

Yay!!! I am so happy to show yall these pictures. I've been working hard for the past 2 weeks to get them finished before I leave for Germany :)

Amber & Mercury are the most awesomest customers ever!! I love working with these 2 because they are so much fun, always willing to try out new stuff and most important of all, they are soooo relaxed in front of the camera. So shooting their wedding in Cancun/Mexico of course was great experience (or should I say adventure?):

I flew into Cancun Friday morning, scouted out some locations for Saturday, enjoyed some cool & fruity free drinks and went to bed early. Saturday I had a bit of time to swim in the turquoise ocean before the wedding. It was awesome!! The wedding was incredibly romantic, Amber & Mercury were sweet as always and their guests were just the nicest people on earth. They called it a night around 11 pm. Sunday we got up super early to go on a trip to Tulum's Mayan ruins for a "Day After" session. We tried everything to shoot by the ruins but unfortunately we couldn't get permission to shoot wedding pictures in there. I'm just so happy that we were able to sneak in the side entrance to snap a couple of pictures before they literally threw us out. After getting over the disappointment we decided to shoot at this little shopping center a few miles away that was painted in all these bright and vibrant colors. It was muggy at about 100 degrees but we had the iron will to create some beautiful images. And I think we did just fine...

Amber & Mercury I hope you love these pictures as much as I do!!!


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


The "Day After" Session:


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. so bright and lovely...great wedding photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am not the first, but as usual your incredible eye, your incredible sense of knowing exactly what is right in the angle, the light, the expressions and the eyes never ceases to amaze me. Fantastic job...and it sounds like you had a wonderful time too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them all. (As usual) but my fave is 3rd to last.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they all look good, i wish it was more candid other than staged pictures. That's just me though. I like candid, natural expressions, taken by the moment. Also, I didn't see any macro of the most important part of the wedding, the ceremony.
    Do you edit any in photoshop?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Note to the last comment: We appreciate your critique but feel however the need to reply. Most certainly we also took close ups of the ceremony, like the exchange of the rings, the kiss, the smiles and all. This blog entry just shows a small selection of our personal favorites out of hundreds of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful pictures! i love how you put them into 'mini-montages'. can't wait to see more.

    amber - if you're reading this, you take great pictures.

    -thanh (one of bridesmaids)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maria!!!

    Merc & I are as usual just literally blown away by your talent and artistic nature that you bring to your pictures! We are sooo anxious to see the rest of them! We are just in love w/ all of them thus far!! Your the BEST! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. mother-of-the-bride

    Maria,
    I've always known how beautiful these two people are inside, but seeing these pics captured just how beautiful they are outside. Thank-you for your vision and making this a truly breathtaking memory.

    ReplyDelete
  9. -Wendy and Mark (friend of the bride and groom)

    We absolutely love all the pictures so much but our faves are the one with the groomsmen in front of the ocean and the one of Amber in his lap. They are all beautiful.

    You are blessed with such a wonderful talent Maria. You have a true gift of bringing to the camera what we feel inside ourselves but just can't put into words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maria, you are awesome. All of these pictures captured the true beauty these two people posess. I loved them all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love the pics...Maria you captured the beauty and love of Amber and Mercury...you three do beautiful work together. I love the detail of the photos. Regardless of some of the moments being staged, thier love and admiration of each other shown through and Maria you are one of the best photographers I have had the pleasure of meeting. Very visual and artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so beautiful: bright, crisp, and they convey such great happiness!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us your comments