Friday, June 19, 2009

Wedding: Mark & Wendy {destination wedding photographer}

I love me some destination weddings. This time I went to Sin City to shoot Wendy's & Mark's wedding at the Luxor Hotel. Besides having to get up at 4 am to go to the airport everything was perfect. I got to Vegas early on Friday and had enough time to get my equipment ready, scout out locations and rest for a little bit. That night I went out with the girls around town, celebrating Wendy's last night as a bachalorette. We ate at Diego's at the MGM and ever since I am hooked on fresh guacamole with lots of cilantro. At 4 pm on Saturday I met up with Wendy to take her getting ready pictures and all that good stuff before heading to the wedding chapel at 7 pm. It was a moving ceremony followed by an intimate dinner party at the Dollhouse. What a wonderful day!!

Sunday we shot my favorite session: The Day After/Trash The Dress Session. Whenever I shoot a destination wedding my clients recieve this session for free as a little bonus for flying me in. The coolest thing about these sessions is that I get to shoot some of the most awesome clients at some of the most incredible locations on the planet and all that absolutely stressfree. For Wendy's & Mark's Day After Session I suggested the "Neon Graveyard" in Las Vegas. This place is to cool for words. Special thanks to the enthusiasts that put so much love and effort into preserving these lovely relicts of Las Vegas history.

Well, right after shooting this amazing session I headed home, had some delicious asian food at Nandina's & slept till about 2 pm the next day :)

On to the pictures: I had a hard time picking my favorites so consider yourself warned about a blogpost-explosion...


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


The Day After Session


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Classy! Mark, wanted me to point out that this was not his but my idea. Thanks guys for having such a great sense of humor!!


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Lovely!! Love the colors, backgrounds and vibrant energy thats captured! Cant wait to see the rest! Im still laughing at mark in ther weddind dress.. CLASSIC!! hahaha! Mark-dont know how your going to live that one down! Also, I love the bridal shots of wendy on the sitting on stairs.. one of my fav!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wie geil is denn das! rollentausch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, Maria you blow me away with your creativity! I have to admit to being a little predjudice when it comes to wedding pics having had a recently married daughter, but you totally captured Wendy and Mark's personality and beauty.I agree with my daughter on the best one being Wendy on the steps(no offense Mark)and then Mark kissing Wendy's cheek is my second choice. I especially love the one with her dress raised and showing the pink shoes, I could really go on and on.....Wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria!!! these are flippin' awesome!!!!!
    I love it!! so fun and artistic!!! :)
    I'm sure the couple are SO Excited about their pix!!!
    Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahahah....Love Love Love the last serious....HILARIOUS!!! What a great sport.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us your comments